Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Too many updates

I use FeedBlitz to provide email subscriptions to my blog. A surprising number of people actually use this option - roughly 150 of 3,000 subscriptions. I get a couple sign-ups for email every week and about every other week someone unsubscribes. Feedblitz allows the user to specify a reason. Most often it's either "no longer relevant" or "subscribed in another way."

Today I got my first cancellation with the reason "Too many updates" ...

It actually, made me smile.

I've become part of the problem. :)

1 comment:

Amit Agarwal said...

Chances are high that the subscriber just made a random selection and clicked "Unsubscribe"

I often get the reason as "ISP requested removal" - not sure what that means.