Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

K-12 Blogging, Wiki and Social Bookmarking Resources

Someone who attended my session asked about free resources to use in K-12 settings. I'm really not familiar with this space. Can anyone point her in the right direction?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would refer her to Will Richardson'd book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. It's available through Amazon.com. He also has a blog: http://weblogg-ed.com/.

Tony Karrer said...

Some links were provided at:

http://webtoolsforlearners.blogspot.com/2007/02/elearning-technology-k-12-blogging-wiki.html

Anonymous said...

I think my previous comment attempt had too many links in it and was flagged as spam. I'm trying again without links this time.

I definitely second the reference to Will Richardson's book and blog. Check David Warlick as well, since he has lots of great resources. Both Warlick's 2 cents worth blog and the Landmark Project are good places to start.

For blogs, try edublogs, learnerblogs, elgg, or classblogmeister.

For wikis, wikispaces is the one I am familiar with.

For social networking for younger kids, try Club Penguin. I can't think of any specific social bookmarking tools for K-12 though.

Arcturus said...

We have just released edutagger.com, a social bookmarking service for K-12 learners and educators. This may be what you're looking for.